It was so nice to hold Kyleigh again - to see her sweet smile - and cuddle plenty! She was fussing and laughing at the same time at one point - so cute! She's growing - 2 months old - a little over 10 lbs - holding her head up good - and pushing hard with her little feet - getting strong! The visit with Brian and Kayla was nice - relaxed and natural - no friction. When we said our goodbye's, Brian made me cry. He told me that he was thankful for my taking care of the six of them - because one is hard - so, thank you...and a big hug - didn't take long for my eyes to fill with tears! Here are a couple of pics off of Brian's camera - I was too busy enjoying everyone and didn't pull out my camera. : (
When I got back home, I was finally able to get to the computer table that had been blocked in by Brian's stuff in the garage. Got it into the driveway and cleaned up - organized and moved all of the stuff he still left behind into the corner where the table had been - and then had Bradley and Brenton help me carry it into the house when they got home from school. It will now hold the tv and game systems in Brenton and Braylon's room...
Thank You God for giving me energy back - I'm enjoying it - and thank You for Sally & Phil - and the blessings they have given me to help in this area.
The rest of the day was pretty much dedicated to decorating Bradley's Science Fair Project Board - and tweaking everything to get it just right. It was a lot of fun - no attitude issues or anything - what a blessing! Brenton and Braylon watched a long lost movie that we found in the computer table cabinet (Cheaper by the Dozen) while Bradley and I worked on his board. It turned out nice. : ) A big 'thank you' goes out to Brittany for all of her help with the 'Fizzy Skittles' project!
Back in to add this picture of Bradley and his completed project!
Evenings are always interesting... Brandon asked me if it would hurt to leave the window down in his car all night. I asked why. He said his car needed to air out because it reeked... I told him I would go out later and roll it up. He ended up taking it for a drive with the windows down. That's a pretty big deal considering the fact that he has been in bed all day (except for the time he spent at school this morning) with a sore throat and fever. I thought that he should confront. He thought different - so - no confrontation - but - lesson learned.
Darrell said the whole world stopped today - but not mine - I did not turn the tv on (never do anymore) - and didn't even turn the radio on (usually do) - until late tonight... My boys though - they came home from (elementary) school and said, "Guess what we had to watch today?" 'Inauguration - you've got to be kidding - right?!' Nope - Bradley said they watched it for 2 1/2 hours - they even had to watch them eat... Brenton said it was on for several hours but it was on mute a lot of the time. I DO have a problem with this. My opinion is that it is a family decision - parents' choice - what children are exposed to - and how much - and for how long. The question is - how irritated am I? Will I make my opinion known? I am praying about that. I was irritated a few months ago with the 'Scholastic News' about the election - but only addressed it with the boys.
Separation of church and state - but not school and politics - or national disaster - and that's not my only concern with school... Another HUGE concern is the gifted program. We've been victim once - and almost again - thank God for the gift of discernment in my little boy - and his obedience to the Holy Spirit to keep telling his momma until she 'got it'... And then - there's more...
I do not agree or feel comfortable with a lot of things and I pray that God makes a way for me to homeschool my boys - soon.
I have a framed picture of President Bush in my living room - that has been known to irritate some of our visitors! I like it though. : ) He has his head bowed in prayer and it served as my reminder to pray for him daily. I don't think I can put a picture of B.O. in my living room. But - I will answer the call to pray for our leadership - no matter my opinion...
No comments:
Post a Comment