Well, the most awesome moments of this day were spent listening to Phil Wickham sing live and in person at the River. The most joyful and comforting moments of this day were at lunch when the guy sitting at the table next to us kept breaking out into spontaneous song as he was talking to his friend. It made me smile so many times and even laugh a couple of times - thanks to the boys...lol. It totally annoyed Darrell. I asked him if he would come with me to talk to the man before we left - as he was an older man and I didn't want to offend him. He wouldn't because he wasn't going to lie and say he liked it. : / Sweet little Braylon came with me though. I told him I had appreciated listening and that God had blessed him with a beautiful voice. The lady sitting next to him was very appreciative - I don't think the man knew what to think or how to react. As we walked off and heard the others at their table asking what we had said, the lady said, "Handsome voice over here!" : ) The most embarrasing moment of this day was when I went to shake Phil's hand at the autograph table and my camera flew out of my hand and hit the table very loudly. I guess I hadn't put the strap on my wrist...duh. Brenton said, "How embarrassing." Yeah, it was. I'm thankful my camera didn't break! The most surprising moment of this day was when Darrell flipped on the news after we finished watching a movie with the kids...and we found that Osama Bin Laden had been killed by US forces. Almost 10 years later... Now it was my turn to not know what to think or how to react. All I could think was 'keep on praying!'
Here's a beautiful quote that J.M. read to me:
The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment