Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rear-ended again...

On Sunday, May 15th, we (my 3 youngest boys and me) were on our way to River of Glory's picnic.  We were rear-ended while in motion after slowing down to stop at a redlight and then accelerating again when it turned green.  Good thing we were in motion, as it probably took some of the force of impact.  The car does not look too bad, although it is damaged - and I have been really sore.  When it happened, both of my hands came off of the steering wheel and grabbed my head as I hollered.  It felt like something hit me in the back of the head - HARD!  A few seconds later, I realized that we had been hit.  As I looked around, I saw a guy pulling out of the gas station parking lot that was next to us.  I honked and waved at him to stop.  He didn't.  The driver of the other car came up on the passenger side and said, "Do you want to park over there?"  Put out, I answered, "I guess so."  We were in the middle lane, so I turned my wheel and checked my mirrors to see if it was safe to cross, when I noticed an officer pulling up behind her car.  For an instant, I wondered if I should stay put - but quickly decided that he wouldn't want us blocking traffic - so, I pulled into the parking lot with both of them following.  When the officer approached, I told him I was hurt and he asked if I needed an ambulance.  I said no - I was hurt and pretty shook up, but no need for immediate medical attention.  He had me get out to see the damage to my car.  I felt the effects of the hit on the rest of my body at that point.  My neck, shoulders, and back felt like they had been run over.  He took my license and insurance and said he was going to help us trade information - only making an official report if either one of us didn't have the proper credentials.  He had some words with the other driver and another officer arrived, bringing her info to me, showing and telling me what to write down.  He explained that although her insurance paper showed to be expired just a few days before; the first officer had checked it out and it was good, she just didn't have the new paper.  I wrote down what he had showed me and also wrote down her full name and the number off of her license - or id - thinking back, I didn't even notice what it was or where it was from.  I remember it was different than mine - it was kind of green I think.  When the second officer came back to retrieve her info and return mine, he gave me the service # and the first officers name and badge # so I could get the report.  I left and took the boys on to the picnic.  A friend came to pray for me and it helped a lot.  The slow-motion daze feeling went away and I didn't feel quite so sore anymore.

All the boys are okay.  Brenton said his head hurt a little while we were waiting in the car, but it went away.  Bradley has been complaining of his back hurting.  They all have appointments at ChiroSpa on Tuesday.  I was seen on Thursday for exam, x-rays and therapies - cold laser, percussor, and massage.  Friday, I got my first adjustment and did therapies.  The guy who helped me with therapies told me twice that he was excited to see the quick healing that was going to take place.  I love it!  There aren't too many places to go or people to meet in the world who talk that way.  The guy who did my massage on Friday was excellente'!  I didn't know they had tip jars, but asked if he would be working on Saturday and told him I would bring something for his jar.  He assured me that if I was leaving happy, that was his tip.  When I got in the car, I melted into my seat, closed my eyes, and whispered, "wow!"  As I opened my eyes, they went to the sign "Massage WOW".  They definitely need to keep him around - as he brings truth to the name!   Today, I got another adjustment and did therapies.  Massage was good, but from a different therapist - and nothing like yesterday.  : /  I did take tips today though.  Bradley went today to sit in a massage chair.  On the way home, we stopped off at a garage sale and I got a bunch of stuff while he waited in the car like a teenager.  I love great bargains, and he did come help me get the stuff to the car.  : )

As for fixing my car, we have a $500 deductible to meet.  I have met with a little bit of resistance from the other driver's insurance company.  The car she was driving is covered - as her parents have been with the company for 6 years, but she was put on the policy for 30 days with an agreement that she would be getting a TXDL.  She failed to get a TXDL and she is not on the policy.  So, after I get the police report (which is actually only call notes) I will be calling them back again to make the claim.  If they refuse to pay and furnish it in writing, then our deductible will only be $250 for uninsured motorist.  So, we wait.  Thankfully, we have personal injury protection!

No matter what, I know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  He took care of everything last time - far above anything I could have asked or imagined.  Good thing God is so good, because I surely couldn't handle one more thing at the time.  He knew it and amazed me with His faithfulness.  Being taken care of at ChiroSpa is a blessing in itself.  : )


No comments: