Where are we going to church? Darrell has been fully in charge of that decision for some time now. We are blessed where ever we go. I particularly like the worship where we went on Mother's Day. I love it when they dance and wave the flags in worship - but Darrell does not! He tolerates it. I'm glad.
He wanted to see what this pastor would do for Mother's Day. I'm here to say that God has an awesome sense of humor! After worship, the pastor asked ALL of the men to grab a flag and line the center aisle. Darrell did not get up right away. As the men were flocking to the flags, I looked at Darrell and he said "Does that mean me?" "YES! It means you! : )" He got up and took his time getting there. They ran out of flags and the pastor asked the men with no flags to stand shoulder to shoulder anyway. The men were to pray and bless the great-grandmas, grandmas, and moms as they walked through the aisle.
A man with a gold flag kind of tripped over Darrell while lining up. He apologized and moved in next to him. The next thing I know, the man is gone and Darrell is holding the flag. I lost track of him after that. I walked through the line and as I neared the front, I see Darrell - one hand extended - one hand holding the flag - behind the pastor - who was praying a blessing over each and every woman as she came through. I smiled at Darrell and didn't dare look his way again... It was funny - he did smile back - and that was nice. No complaints afterwards - that was nicer! I only wish I had a picture - other than the one in my memory. A good reason to write about this - so I can remember it always! After the prayer of blessing, each woman was handed a rose.
God works in mysterious ways. He loves our worship - whether it be quiet singing, loud singing, dancing, jumping, shouting, waving flags and banners, bowing before Him, falling on our face, crying, standing in silence and reverence... It doesn't matter. Everyone is different - every worship experience is different - there doesn't have to be a form - it's beautiful when the Holy Spirit moves freely. Imagine running with the wind - or twirling in a field of flowers... God inhabits the praises of His people and we can worship Him 24/7 in all different ways. He is everywhere.
The only place I've ever worshipped undignified is in the privacy of my home - and it is so fun - so freeing - so invigorating!!! Maybe one day, I'll worship freely where ever I am...
David Crowder
"Undignified"
I will dance
I will sing
To be mad
For my King
Nothing Lord
Is hindering
This passion in my soul
Chorus:
And I'll become
Even more undignified than this
Some may say
It's foolishness
But I'll become
Even more undignified than this
Leave my pride
By my side
And I'll become
Even more undignified than this
Some may say
It's foolishness
But I'll become
Even more undignified than this
Than this
La, la, la, la, la, HEY!
La, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, HEY!
La, la, la, la, la
It's all for You my Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment