God help me.
If only I could learn to be angry and not sin... I hate alcoholism and what it does to families. I could really go on about that but I won't. That is not my issue - mine is probably worse...
A lot of hurt, so many disappointments, some embarrassment, anger that just doesn't go away, bitterness under that... Sin.
Forgive? Daily. Release judgment? When I remember to. Work on myself? For years - that's what I've done for years.
I'm starting a new book tonight - called "Love The Way To Victory". A friend mentioned it to me about six months ago - sounded good at the time. Then, the church decided to do it as a bible study - which I had to miss out on since I'm homeschooling the kids and don't want to drop my prayer group (which I've missed for the last two weeks).
Well, yesterday, I discovered the book on my shelf! What a surprise - and I'm sure no coincidence. So, I pulled it down. I'm glad to say it's in one piece tonight - since I just had a fight with the phone and happened to see LOVE on the book - which was not the word I wanted to see at that very moment! The phone still works - I considered finishing it off - but thought better of it. What good came out of that tyrade? The battery compartment door on the base of the phone broke off and now it has 4 new batteries! The caller i.d. hasn't worked in over a year because I couldn't figure out how to get the door off. Now, maybe I can refrain from answering the phone if I'm feeling low on self-control. lol
I already had a bruised fingertip from slamming the phone down on it last night - and tonight I broke off two fingernails. That really stinks since I had just gotten them all to the same length again...
No comments:
Post a Comment