...knocked down my glass shelves - with my 'unused' shot glass collection - and angels - including my only Waterford Crystal one.
I was in the shower when it happened. I knew it was either that or the chimney crumbled outside. I was hoping it was the chimney...
I don't know if I can clean it all up without crying. I'm leaving it for now.
****************************
3-6-09 Still haven't cleaned up the mess - but - before Christmas, I packed away my shot glasses - so those are safe. Six of my angels got broken - including the only Waterford Crystal one... Other than that one, most of them can be repaired. The glass shelves did not break. I am glad the chimney didn't crumble - but - I'm equally glad that my collection is safe and packed away - many of those glasses are not replaceable. I know I shouldn't be so attached to the things of this world - and - I'm working on that...
****************************
Happened upon this...it's the first week of June 2012 and I finally glued my angels back together this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment