Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas Blessing

My favorite gift this year is my new camera. There is a story behind it so when I opened it, it brought me to tears. Darrell and I were going to make our Christmas present to each other be a really nice camera. I love to take pictures - of my kids, the sky, clouds, flowers, God's beautiful creation - whatever it may be. Anyway, we did not have enough to get the kind we wanted and some of the kids wanted things that we could not afford to get them. I told Darrell that what I really wanted to have for Christmas is for my kids to be happy - one in particular. His wants were really needs and I just wanted to see to it that he got what he was wishing for. I told my brother that I really wanted a new camera but they were expensive and I did not expect to get one. Even when I was holding it to open it, it never crossed my mind - so when I saw it, the tears started stinging immediately. I opened the box to make sure that it was really in there and then had to cry. I was embarrassed for the tears - but deeply touched - so very grateful! I don't know that I can explain with words.

My mom got me a digital camera last year and I absolutely loved it. One day I dropped it at the hospital and it broke. Needless to say, I was devastated. Darrell let me use one that he had bought from a friend. It has driven me crazy ever since. I'm always missing shots because I'm waiting on that crazy camera to stop blinking and get ready. It eats batteries like it's starving - so I used rechargeables - but I lost one at the Fall Festival in October - and we've gone through about 30 normal ones since...

Anyway - my brother gave me a Kodak EasyShare pink camera. It's nice - I'm going to have to read the directions to get full use of all the features - but my memory card went straight into it and I started using it right away - after I quit crying that is... Tears still come as I think about how blessed I am and how much it means to me that I got the desire of my heart. I am humbled and very thankful. I love you Jay - I love You Jesus!

Three extremely handsome boys:

No comments: