An article about yoga made its way across my fb feed the other day. Interestingly, it came just a few days after our family had discussed the subject briefly. Before I post the link, I want to say... I chose to share this on my personal blog instead of fb for a couple of reasons. #1 - politically correct or not, I try not to be too abrasive and I figure if you are here, it's because you are really interested in what I have to share - fb, not so much - we are all subjected to many different opinions there. lol... I tend to be bolder in writing than speaking - but when it comes to conviction, the Holy Spirit usually takes my shy away in the event that boldness is in order. #2 - I really like the article and want to be able to find and access it easily in the future if need be.
I stand strong on my personal convictions and will not debate my 'opinion', based on what I believe the Lord has shown me - which thankfully in this instance, did not come about by learning the hard way. (I typically learn things the hard way - but that isn't always necessary and I don't intend to test the waters with yoga.) I will not stand in judgment of people who choose to practice things that I don't...and if I catch myself, repentance is in order. My personal convictions belong to me and I choose to live by them...as well as have them in effect in my home and for my children...until they are old enough to move out and live by their own personal convictions - which I pray are Spirit led. Even if they differ from mine, I love them anyway. I do believe God has graced me with acceptance. It is key in relationships. That being said, in the times that there is a choice, I try to choose wisely who I spend time with.
If you choose to read the following article, your eyes will be opened to things unseen. Bringing darkness to light: Click!
If you read the article and are interested in other personal testimonies that will support the same view, there is a book you can read: Truth Seekers A friend offered to let me borrow it last year. It's not one I would have picked up on my own, but I'm glad I read through it. I couldn't help thinking through the book how thankful I was to not have gone down certain paths - by God's grace. Most of all, I was so thankful that the 10 people in the book all found the Truth they were seeking.
If you are seeking, I pray you find Jesus. He is the way, the truth, and the life. ~John 14:6
No comments:
Post a Comment