Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet the Teacher


Tonight was 'Meet the Teacher' night at Abby's school.
 
She's off to meet her Kindergarten teacher!

And she is SOOO EXCITED!

Outside of her class by her apple nametag...
 
I was blessed to be able to go along to help and support Brittany. We took a short walk across the street and through an alley to get there. Abby led the way! Brittany and I were both very impressed with her teacher. She has been teaching Kindergarten for 27 years. She understands 5 year olds and how they think. She didn't require them to leave anything at school on 'Meet the Teacher' night - but you could if you wanted to. She can't see taking the kids school supplies away from them after they got to pick them out. She does understand however, that one red crayon belongs to everyone at the table and the other 3 don't belong to anyone - especially not the broken one! She likes for everything to be labeled to make things easier and to avoid strife. I really like her style. She has a helper that is the same way and doesn't mind helping her. Cool. : ) Abby was helping put the class back in order after everyone left - which really impressed the teacher. It should be a great year for both of them. The music teacher and coach both seemed nice as well. I feel much better about Abigail starting school now.
 
All 3 kids were great while we were there. It's a good memory to tuck away. I stayed to help Brittany label Abby's crayons and markers, brush teeth, and tuck the girls in to bed before heading back home. It's always such a blessing to see my daughter and nana-babies.  ; ) 
 
 
 
Thankful for resources to load and edit pictures and blog tonight. : )
 
 

No comments: