One of my favorite authors, (and mentor in freedom in Christ) Joseph Prince came all the way from Singapore to preach in the USA! He came to Houston, TX - only 5 hours away from us. I still remember the day that he tweeted a question about coming...I was in the Wal-Mart Market and tweeted back to BRING IT ON! When I found out he was coming for sure, I was so excited - knowing I had to go! Months later, a friend reminded me - and I wasn't so sure anymore - but started praying. When we pray, God hears - and when we know He hears, we can be sure He will answer...and He did! The day that Darrell told me we were going, it made my entire day! The following week was crazy - so it gave me something really nice to look forward to.
Bradley opted to stay with his Meemo rather than making the 5 hour drive in a car with the rest of us. I couldn't really blame him, but I was kind of disappointed that he didn't go. No lying - it was a LONG drive with the 2 other boys and Darrell. Whew! But, God's grace is sufficient and we are all still alive and kicking. Besides being in close quarters.....the trip was excellent! Everybody enjoyed the conference - even the boys! We went to all 3 services and had good seats each time. The first night, we waited near the front of the line for almost 2 hours - having nice conversation and sharing testimony with another family - and got excellent seats on the floor. When the doors opened and we went up the stairs, it was blue and beautiful (the lighting). I hadn't given any thought as to how the church would look until that moment. We were at Lakewood - Joel and Victoria Osteen's church. The next morning, we skipped waiting in line (in order to eat breakfast) and still got good seats in the lower balcony - moving closer for the next service. There was a good turnout for every service - filling a good portion of the stadium, including the upper balcony seats.
I consider it a HUGE blessing to have been a witness of this historic event - Joseph Prince - his 1st time to preach in the USA - at Joel Osteen's church! One of my favorite memories is: "Surely goodness (J.O. is all about God's goodness) and mercy (J.P. is all about unmerited favor) will hunt you down all the days of your life"... lol What a pair!! The only thing better would have been to meet them both and get my books signed - and 'yes' I had them with me 'just in case'! Maybe next time.
Bored - keeping occupied waiting in line...
Trying to take it all in...from the floor view

The famous globe

Glad to be seated...waiting on the 1st service
One of the beautiful worship sets...
...and another - so beautiful : )

They posed for me at the kids' section

Signs under a bridge in Houston
Sunrise - reminded me of my sunset view at home
Texas SIZE and shape waffle
Interesting clouds over Houston
Israel Houghton leading worship

Joseph Prince
Wendy & Jessica Prince
Joseph Prince

A new church & more for Singapore

Waiting on the 3rd service to begin...
Joseph Prince
Joel Osteen
Victoria Osteen
Israel Houghton
Propitiation Demonstration
Joel Osteen blessing everyone
It was FUN and totally worth the drive!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment