Why is it that the house can be totally quiet - everyone content... UNTIL - the phone rings and it's for me; I realize it's quiet and decide to sit down to check my e-mail; type the page that's in my head; make a phone call; decide to go somewhere or do something for myself - no matter what it may be!!! It never fails that if I doze, the phone rings - if I sit down, somebody needs something - if my mind is flowing through my fingers, something or someone brings it to a screeching halt.
Enough venting...
Early this morning before our families were awake, 3 women - full of anticipation - spent time before the Lord in agreement for a miracle to manifest. I couldn't wait to drop my boys off at school and come home to worship and spend time alone with God. To shout victory and lift my praises LOUD! Well, I had to do it quietly while I got some things taken care of and until Darrell left. When he left the music went up and I got to have an awesome time of worship - just me and God. LOVELY.
My husband accepts me where I am spiritually but he does not participate with me or actively support me. He tells me he prays and I believe him but it makes me sad that we do not pray together as a couple. Very occasionally he will say grace for our meal. The thing that works best is to grab the prayer book - full of prayers that are powerpacked with God's Word and pray them. That way, it's not like we are on a different level - he will not read them out loud but he will say amen after I do. I do not think about it on a daily basis - that's how it has always been. I do desire for my husband to be the spiritual leader of our family and I have prayed and stood on the Word of God for that to happen. I am still waiting. Before we were married, he used to always tell me to have faith. I have learned to walk in faith. His way of life is much different than mine. As soon as he breaks free from the hold that the enemy has over him, I know things will be so much different.
The Word of God - spoken by Him - alive, active, and full of power - written by those that He chose to inspire by His Spirit - to be read, believed, and spoken by us... It never changes. It is true. There is a way - it has already been made. He has a plan - a good one - for each of us. I know that we break His heart when we choose to exercise our wills against His. He loves us anyway. Nothing can separate us from HIS LOVE.
I'm still getting to know Him. His awesomeness, beauty, goodness, grace, mercy, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness - and His mystery. I have so many questions. Sometimes He answers them but many still burn inside of me. I've learned that no matter what the outcome, it's always best to obey. There is nothing like His peace. His JOY is unexplainable and so amazing. It's wonderful to walk with Him and be in His presence.
I long to understand but if I never do...I have marching orders!
The Armor of God
Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
No comments:
Post a Comment